Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mini Basketball Hoop

Here's one more sports craft for you. I didn't get a chance to try this out before my kids made them, so I was crossing my fingers the whole time! We used Jello pudding cups for the hoops. I cut out the bottom of the cups and the kids decorated them with Sharpies.
I used a coloring page as my template for a backboard. I traced it onto card stock so it would be sturdy.
The kids decorated the backboard with sparkly star stickers.
I cut the rim of the pudding cups off on one side so it would be easier to attach them to the backboards.
Then I just stapled it on.
I used straws for the poles and taped them to the back.
To make it stand up, I stuck the straw in an egg carton cup. Of course the straw tipped because it was too loose, so I used a bunch of masking tape so it would stand up straight.
It seemed to do the trick. For basketballs, we used orange pom poms!
The kids had fun playing basketball in our classroom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH Betsy!!! You are the most creative person ever!! These are so clever and fun!

MamaDuck76 said...

This is really cute! We'll be making it with our preschool class tomorrow at our homeschool co-op. Thanks so much for sharing!