Saturday, June 8, 2013

Crafty S'mores

Here's a quick craft to go along with a camping theme! You just need two shades of brown craft foam, a cotton ball and a brown permanent marker.
I cut out squares from light brown craft foam (I used a post-it note as my template) and added some dots and a dotted line with a light brown sharpie so it would resemble a graham cracker. Then I cut out smaller rectangles from the dark brown craft foam. First you put some glue on one cracker (the back side without the dots).
Add your chocolate.
Put some glue on the chocolate and add your marshmallow.
Feel free to pull apart your cotton ball a little so it looks like a melted marshmallow.
Add one more drop of glue and place your last cracker on top.
And you have a yummy s'more!
My first year teaching, I actually brought in one of those s'more makers and the kids roasted marshmallows. I realized later how something bad could have happened (and that it was probably against the rules!), so I haven't done it since. But it was pretty cool to make real s'mores in the classroom! In later years we've made them in the oven, but it's just not as fun.

2 comments:

Carolyn Kisloski said...

That is adorable! I bet the children LOVED making them, and I bet you heard lots of camping stories to go along with them!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

Maria said...

Yummmm...makes me want to eat smores!!! thanks for sharing!!!