Friday, November 30, 2012

More Sleepy Sloths

Yesterday I read "Slowly Slowly Slowly", said the Sloth, by Eric Carle. I have done a sloth craft in the past (seen here), but I changed it up a bit this year. I traced each child's foot, with their shoe on, onto brown paper and cut them out. The kids glued them onto green construction paper.
I chose green because sloths spend most of their time in trees of the rainforests, so this would resemble the leaves. Then the kids painted a branch with brown paint. They kept the branch close to their footprint.
Then they glued on arms/legs and a face.
Nothing fancy, just gray and brown construction paper.
They made sure the legs could reach the branch. When it dried, they drew claws on the legs and facial features onto the face.
They are adorable!



Fun Fact: Sloths come down from the trees once a week to go to the bathroom!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh, I love your sloths!! What a great craft for the book!