Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Class Olympic Torch

This is just a quick post to show you our Olympic Torch. All week the kids will be "competing" in different events and on Friday everyone will receive a gold medal! By competing, I just mean they will all participate in events and have fun while I take a bunch of pictures. Then I will pick one child to spotlight for each event. I will display the pictures, along with the gold medalists, for all to see. And I wanted a big torch to go with the display. So I used the same idea as our campfires and put orange and yellow paint on plates. The kids dipped their hands in the paint and made a whole bunch of prints.
Then I cut out a base for it and cut some flames into our handprints.
I will be sure to show you when my display is all up and put together!
UPDATE:
Click here to see the display!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks really cool! I cannot believe how cool and fiery it looks!

Unknown said...

gave you a shout out on my blog today :)
http://ahootofak4class.blogspot.com/