Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Handprint Mayflowers

I found this adorable Thanksgiving craft here and changed it up a bit. First I got a brown handprint from all the kids as they were dropped off in the morning. I wanted the paint to be dry by the time we did the art project. I used light blue construction paper and told the kids to spread their fingers as far apart as they could.
Then I made little white sails for the kids to glue on three of the fingers.
For the sea, they tore strips of dark blue construction paper and glued it under their hand.
And they also tore up white paper to make clouds.
Then I wrote The Mayflower in dotted lines for the kids to trace.
That way there was no question as to what ship this was.


So cute, right? Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo cute! We will definitely have to try this one next year. I'm kind of bummed I didn't see this earlier because it looks like so much fun!

Betsy said...

Rachel, you can always turn them into pirate ships. Then it wouldn't have to be a Thanksgiving craft!

Liz Slater said...

Very cute idea. I have a 3 kids 8,6 and 3 and am always looking for new craft ideas especially around the holidays.