Monday, August 1, 2011

Watermelon Krispies

It's August! When I think of August, two things come to mind. Corn on the cob and watermelon! These rice krispie treats would be fun to make with kids. I was looking through all my cookie cutters trying to find something that would work for a watermelon slice. I noticed I had two egg-shaped cookie cutters. I don't need two, so I took one and squeezed the bottom up (it was plastic) until I got the shape I desired.
I made a normal batch of rice krispies, but added red food coloring to the melted marshmallow/butter mix. I let them sit for a bit in the pan so they wouldn't be too sticky. Then I pressed in the cookie cutter a bunch of times, peeled away the extra (and ate a bunch, of course!) and added some frosting. I used green for the rind and black for the seeds (using a small frosting tip).
They don't look that pink in the picture, but they really were. And they were delicious!
The kids loved them!

No comments: